With the rise in popularity of voice-controlled devices like Amazon’s Alexa and Google Home, it’s no surprise that text-to-speech is becoming more prevalent. However, there are still some hurdles to overcome before we can all say goodbye to our old fashioned headsets.
The convert audio to text online free is a process that can be done by using different methods.
You may sometimes receive valuable information in the form of audio. It’s easy to listen to this. However, you want to write down what you heard. The audio file must then be converted into a written document. So, in this article, we’ll look at how to convert audio files to text documents using various applications. We’ll go through a step-by-step process for converting data into the appropriate format online, on Mac, Windows, and on your phone.
Let’s look at how to convert audio files to text online on a Windows or Mac computer.
There are many internet programs that may assist you in converting audio files to text. This conversion does not need the installation of any extra software. As a result, follow the instructions below to convert audio files to text documents without having to install any software on your computer.
Bear Audio to Text Converter is a program that converts audio files into text.
To begin, go to the Bear File Converter website.
2. Next, either upload an MP3 file from your device or paste the URL of a file.
3. After that, you must choose a recognition engine.
4. When you’ve done uploading, click convert.
5. Now, wait a few minutes for the conversion to complete. Save the output as a PDF or TXT file after that.
Audio to Text Conversion using 360 Converter
You must first go to the 360 Converter website.
2. Next, either upload an MP3 file from your device or from your cloud storage, or paste a file URL.
3. After that, you may choose the audio file’s language.
4. Next, you must specify the start and finish timings of the file you wish to transcribe.
5. Finally, check the box next to “I agree to the Terms & Conditions” and click “Start Conversion.”
6. Now, wait a few minutes for the conversion to complete. Save the output as a PDF or TXT file after that.
Sonix will be used to convert the audio to text.
You must first go to the Sonix Converter website. For a free 30-minute trial, you must sign up using an email address or Google.
2. Next, either upload an MP3 file from your device or use Zoom, Dropbox, Google Drive, or YouTube to do it.
3. After that, click Transcribe in [Language] and choose the file language.
4. Now, using the toggle buttons, add details. Then choose CONTINUE TRANSCRIBING from the drop-down menu.
5. Allow a few minutes for the process to complete. You will get an email with a link to the transcribed file. However, it is also available on the internet.
6. Locate the file that displays the Transcribed status. After that, you must save the document as a PDF or TXT file. You may do so by selecting the speaker symbol and then clicking the dropdown arrow next to it. Alternatively, you may double-click the files to modify the results.
7. After that, a box will show on the screen. Fill in the blanks on the drop-down questions. Then press the SUBMIT AND VIEW TRANSCRIPT button.
8. The transcribed results for the chosen file will now appear. While editing, you may listen to the audio to ensure correctness.
In Google Docs, How to Convert Audio Files to Text
Google Docs does not have an official transcription feature. However, if you need a high-quality transcription. The voice typing function may then be used to convert an audio file to text. To do so, follow the instructions below.
1. First, open Google Docs and go to the Tools menu.
2. Next, choose Voice Typing from the drop-down menu.
3. Finally, you must listen to the audio file. However, be sure there are no background sounds where you’re playing audio.
4. Google Docs will then type the dictated content into a new document for you.
On a Mac, How Do I Convert Audio Files to Text?
On a Mac, you may convert audio files to text documents. It’s possible to transcribe it using pre-installed software. To convert audio files to text on your Mac, follow the instructions below.
1. To begin, go to the “System Preferences” menu.
2. Select “Dictation & Speech” from the drop-down menu (where you see a microphone icon). You now activate Dictation.
3. Select “Use Enhanced Dictation” to transcribe the file while receiving real-time feedback.
4. Next, choose a language and make sure a shortcut key is chosen.
5. Your modification is stored automatically. You may now shut the window.
6. Now, open any text editor and create a new document.
7. Select the “shortcut key” you want to use. It activates the dictation function.
8. Play the audio file that you want to transcribe. However, be sure there are no background sounds where you’re playing audio.
9. Finally, click the “Done” button to see the results and save the file.
On Windows 10, here’s how to convert audio files to text.
Windows, like Mac, offers the ability to transcribe chosen audio to text. Speech Recognition is included. On every Windows version, you may convert audio to text. Window 7, Window 8, and Window 10 are examples.
To convert Audio Files to Text on a Windows PC, follow the instructions below:
1. For Windows 7 or before, go to the “Start Menu” and then “Control Panel.” For Windows 8 and 10, enter “control” in the “Cortana Search Bar,” then choose “Control Panel.”
2. Select Ease of Access from the drop-down menu. Now you must hit the Speech Recognition button. However, do not choose “Set up a microphone.” Because it defaults to the troubleshooter.
3. From the voice recognition menu, choose “Set up a microphone.” After that, choose the kind of microphone from the drop-down menu and click “Next.”
4. Now, follow the “Microphone Setup Wizard” steps, then click next. You may change the volume of your microphone. Then click the “Next” button.
5. Your microphone is now set up, as you can see. Then, when you’re ready, click the finish button. You must now configure the “Speech Recognition” panel. After that, choose “Train your computer to understand you better.” Also, follow the directions. It is essential if you desire greater transcribing accuracy. When voice training with the current microphone is complete, the completion screen displays.
6. Then, by selecting “Send” or “Don’t Send,” you may choose whether or not you wish to share voice data with Microsoft. Now you must open a file in a text editor of your choice. Then you must say “Begin listening,” followed by “Dictation.”
7. You must listen to the audio file you wish to transcribe while using the microphone on your computer. When you are finished, you must say, “Stop listening.” You may save the file in whatever format you choose.
Articles Related to This:
How to Put Text in a Photo on an iPhone
4 Ways To Send Text Messages From Your Computer For Free
In 2021, there will be 5 free texting apps for iPhone and Android.
The audio to text converter app is a tool that allows users to convert audio into text. There are 6 ways to do this, and they all have their own benefits.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I convert audio to text?
The easiest way to convert audio to text is by using a service like Google Speech-to-Text, but there are also some services that do the conversion for you.
Is there a program that converts audio to text?
There are many programs that can convert audio to text, but the most common is Audacity.
How can I convert audio to text for free?
You can use a service called Google Speech to Text or any other speech recognition software.
- audio to text converter
- how to convert audio to text in word
- mp3 to text converter
- google audio to text
- audio to text converter free software