Outlook is a Windows-based email and calendar program that gives users access to their data across the web. It can be used on PCs, Macs, iOS devices, Android devices or even online using Microsoft’s Outlook Web App service. Occasionally some users may encounter an error when trying to open folders in Outlook after updating from Office 2010 (32-bit) to Office 365 (64-). The issue appears as “The set of folders cannot be opened.”
The “cannot start microsoft outlook. cannot open the outlook window. the set of folders cannot be opened” is a common error that can occur when trying to use Microsoft Outlook. This article will show you how to fix this issue and get your email working again.
Update: Use our optimization tool to stop receiving error messages and slowing down your machine. Click here to get it right now.
This article will show you how to repair the following Microsoft Outlook error: “Microsoft Outlook cannot be launched.” It is not possible to open the Outlook window. It is not possible to open a group of folders. The server is currently down. If the problem continues, contact your administrator.
When the Outlook PST data file becomes damaged, the error message “Cannot open folder” occurs in all versions of Outlook. To fix the issue, use the procedures below to restore the Outlook data file.
What causes the problem message “Folder set cannot be opened” in Outlook?
The major issue you’ll have when this error occurs is that you won’t be able to launch Outlook. After trying to open Outlook, you will only see the cursor load for a brief time before receiving an error notice in a pop-up window. All you have to do now is click OK and wait to see what happens next.
Despite the fact that the actual origin of this error is unknown, Microsoft has identified the issue that leads to it. The major cause, according to our study, is a faulty Outlook profile file – the Outlook.xml file.
Another possibility is that Outlook is attempting to run in compatibility mode, or that you are using a profile file (.pst or.ost) produced in an earlier version of Outlook that has been lost or damaged.
How can I fix the “set of folders cannot be accessed” problem in Outlook?
Update for November 2021:
You may now use this program to avoid PC issues such as file loss and infection by utilizing it. It’s also a terrific method to get the most out of your computer’s performance. The software easily repairs common Windows system faults – no need to spend hours debugging when you have the correct answer right at your fingertips:
- Step 1: Get the PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Microsoft Gold Certified for Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, and Vista).
- Step 2: Select “Start Scan” to look for Windows registry issues that might be causing your computer to malfunction.
- Step 3: To address all faults, click “Repair All.”
In the Mail app, delete your account.
- Open the Mail application.
- Now, on the left pane, go to the Accounts area.
- The section Manage Accounts will appear. Choose an email account.
- Click Delete Account when the Account Settings box displays.
- On the screen, a confirmation message displays. To delete your account, click Delete.
Delete the.xml files from the Outlook folder.
- Type appdata using the Windows + R keys. Press Enter or OK to continue.
- Go to LocalMicrosoftOutlook16* when the AppData directory opens.
- Now locate and remove all of the.xml files.
Make use of Google DNS.
- Go to the Network and Sharing Center in the Control Panel.
- Change Adapter Settings is located in the left pane.
- The window for Network Connections will appear. Right-click your connection and choose Properties from the menu.
- Select Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click Properties when the Properties box appears.
- Select Set the preferred DNS server to 184.108.40.206 and the alternative DNS server to 220.127.116.11 using the DNS server addresses below. To save your changes, click OK.
repairing the installation of Office
- Go to Programs and Features in the Control Panel.
- Select Microsoft Office from the list of apps in the Programs and Features box, then click the Edit button at the top.
- Choose the Quick Fix option now.
- To finish the repair, follow the directions on the screen.
Outlook in Protected Mode
- Type Outlook /safe in the Windows + R keyboard shortcut. Click OK or press the Enter key.
- You must deactivate add-ons when Outlook starts in safe mode. Click File -> Options -> Add-ons to do so.
- Now, next to Manage: Com-in Add, click the Go button.
- To preserve your choices, disable all accessible add-ons and click OK.
RECOMMENDED: To resolve Windows issues and improve system performance, go here.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
The error notice “Folder Group Cannot Open” appears when Microsoft Outlook fails to start. Start Outlook in safe mode and deactivate add-ons to resolve the issue. Then reinstall the email client by restoring Office and Outlook, creating a new user profile, and restoring the email client.
- In Outlook, start it in safe mode.
- Reduce the size of the data file in Outlook.
- Bring the prediction up to date.
- XML files should be deleted.
- The navigation bar will be reset.
- Outlook data files may be restored.
The folder pane shows all of Outlook’s folders. You can’t view your folders if the folder pane is minimized. Click the -> button on the left side of the screen to expand the folder bar. Select View -> Folder Panel -> Normal from the View menu.
Watch This Video-
The “outlook calendar the set of folders cannot be opened” is a common error that occurs when trying to access the calendar folder on your computer. There are numerous ways to resolve this issue, but most of them require you to uninstall and reinstall Outlook.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you fix Cannot start Microsoft Outlook The set of folders Cannot be opened?
Can not start Microsoft Outlook Cannot open the Outlook window the set of folders Cannot be opened the attempt to log on to Microsoft Exchange has failed?
Why cant I access my folders in Outlook?
A: I am sorry, but Outlook is not compatible with your device.
- cannot start microsoft outlook 365 the set of folders cannot be opened
- the set of folders cannot be opened. the attempt to log on to microsoft exchange has failed
- the set of folders cannot be opened outlook 2016
- the set of folders cannot be opened outlook 2010
- the set of folders cannot be opened outlook 2019